Monday, July 22, 2013

back to school supplies

This past weekend while finishing up my shift at the hardware store I work at, I started to think about our discussions about technology in the classroom. I was completing my regular closing routine of dusting the grills, I started to tune into the commercial that was playing on the radio. It was your typical phone commercial, buy "this" new phone that comes with "this" and you get such a great deal on "this" plan. What struck me as funny was the line "don't forget your new phones when you are buying your back to school supplies!" With this statement, I started thinking about our class, the discussions we had (and what I previously posted) about equity in the classroom and BYOD (Bringing Your Own Devices), and my initial thought on this advertisement:

"Since when did phones become 'back to school' supplies?"

No comments:

Post a Comment